Complex Electromagnetics and Electrostatics
VSimEM is an optimized FDTD solver used for simulating electromagnetics, and electrostatics in complex dielectric and metallic environments. Users of VSimEM can import existing CAD files or build their own unique geometries through the user interface, with numerous options for domain features and boundary conditions. In VSimEM, curved geometric structures are simulated by using second-order accurate algorithms, and advanced graphics capabilities display detailed field data for in-depth analysis.
VSimEM can be used for applications including phased array antenna systems, radar equipment, and photonics. With VSimEM, users can simulate high power antennas in plasma environments, or efficiently model propagation in photonic crystals and other optical devices. VSimEM is capable of running challenging problems at scale, and designed to take advantage of any computing system due to parallel processing, making VSimEM the optimal solution for complex electromagnetics and electrostatics.
Learn how VSim was used by the scientists at Fermilab National Laboratory to discover machining errors in their superconducting RF crab cavity.
“At LANL, we have several modeling needs ranging from calculating far-field antenna patterns to the gain of dieletric traveling-wave tubes. These are complex problems and we were unable to set up accurate models with the previous numerical tools we were using. After seeing Tech-X’s result at a conference, we decided to try it. We have been very impressed with its broad capabilities, intuitive feel, and ease of use. It’s a great code and we anticipate using it for all of our future needs.”
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Ready to learn more?
- CAD Importability
- Easy construction through user interface
- Customizable Materials
- Lossfree & Lossy
- Isotropic & Anisotropic
- Second-Order Dispersive
- Frequency Dependent Dielectrics
- Mode Calculation & Launching
- Discrete Elements & Face Ports
- Plane Waves & Elliptical Polarization
- Excitation for Scattering Calculations
- Waveguide Ports
- Embedded Boundaries for Accurate Metallic Walls
- Port Boundaries: Ingoing & Outgoing
- Periodic & Phase-Shift Conditions
Dey-Mittra Cut-Cell Algorithm for Tight Meshing
- PML & MAL Boundaries
- Unique Kirchoff Box Algorithm for Fast & Accurate Far-Field Calculations
- Radiated-field Calculations
- S-Parameters Including Single-Ended, Differential, De-Embedded, & Renormalized
- Mode Calculations Using Frequency Extraction
- Specific Absorption Rate Calculations
- Linear Plasma Dielectric
- Easily Parameterized Geometries for Parameter Sweeping & Optimization
Ready to evaluate VSim?
VSimEM is ideal for the following industries
Applications for VSimEM
EM propagation and dispersion
Specific Absorption Rate