Located in Boulder, Colorado, Tech-X Corporation specializes in computational science using new software development paradigms. Our work is aimed at understanding physics via modern modeling techniques, advanced visualization, collaboration tools, and distributed computing technologies.
Tech-X Corporation offers opportunities for scientific and technical professionals with advanced degrees and computational skills to work in an environment where each individual has a stake in the company's development and direction.
The environment at Tech-X Corporation encourages our employees to meet the highest standards of quality and ethical conduct and to grow professionally. Tech-X Corporation is an employee-owned company.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
Compensation & Benefits
Tech-X Corporation offers competitive compensation and a dynamic company environment. Benefits include comprehensive coverage for medical, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations and holidays, and a flexible work schedule.
Tech-X Corporation is seeking computational scientists with a background in a physical science or engineering field. Tech-X has opportunities for research and product development. We are interested in candidates at all levels, from new Ph.D. graduates to more senior candidates for defining and leading a research program. The selected candidate(s) will be instrumental in Tech-X’s path forward.
- Develop algorithms and methodologies applicable to high-performance computation for electromagnetics and plasmas, particle-in-cell, collisional processes, fluid dynamics methods, and/or Monte Carlo methods;
- Work with a team to implement new capabilities potentially including porting software to emerging computing devices (e.g., GPU, SIMD), making software available on the cloud;
- Define and develop research programs.
- Numerical methods such as finite difference, finite element, particle-in-cell methods, Monte Carlo methods, embedded boundary methods;
- Object Oriented development (C++ and Python), preferably with experience in development as a member of a team;
- Experience desired in cross-platform development, specifically CMake;
- Desired familiarity with one or more of distributed memory (MPI) computing; thread-based, vector-instruction based, GPU computing;
- One or more of the following research areas: Plasma Physics, Electromagnetics of Structures, Lasers, Photonics, Semiconductor Device Modeling, Radiation Modeling, Fluid Dynamics;
- Ability to communicate science and engineering concepts to knowledgeable colleagues;
- Ability to work within a small company and directly across functions within the company.
PhD in computational science and/or engineering.
Applicants should follow the submission instructions accompanying the online form. Please indicate the position "Computational Scientist" and provide resume or CV information.
Tech-X accepts applications only from individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or third parties, please.