Located in Boulder, Colorado, Tech-X Corporation specializes in computational science using new software development paradigms. Our work is aimed at understanding physics via modern modeling techniques, advanced visualization, collaboration tools, and distributed computing technologies.
Tech-X Corporation offers opportunities for scientific and technical professionals with advanced degrees and computational skills to work in an environment where each individual has a stake in the company's development and direction.
The environment at Tech-X Corporation encourages our employees to meet the highest standards of quality and ethical conduct and to grow professionally. Tech-X Corporation is an employee-owned company.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
Compensation & Benefits
Tech-X Corporation offers competitive compensation and a dynamic company environment. Benefits include comprehensive coverage for medical, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan with company match, vacations and holidays, and a flexible work schedule.
Software Developer II (Boulder, CO)
Develop highly technical engineering and research software.
- Design and implement Tech-X software, using substantial updated knowledge of C++ and Python programming languages and Object-Oriented Programming principles.
- Design and implement Graphical User Interfaces for physics simulation codes using Qt4, Qt5 and Vislt visualization software, as well as understanding the workflow associated with the execution of high-performance scientific codes.
- Set up and debug simulations for modeling of radiation effects in space and develop visualization for radiation modeling simulations applying understanding of how to validate Monte Carlo codes such as Geant4 and PHITS and visualize their simulations results.
- Implement algorithms for creating Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG) and CAD models suitable for Computer Aided Engineering (electromagnetics, plasma, fluids and radiation transport modeling) and translation tools between different formats for CSG and CAD applying understanding of CAD kernels and meshing algorithms.
- Integrate new software packages into company building/packing tool "Bilder".
Job Location: Tech-X Corporation, 5621 Arapahoe, Suite A, Boulder, CO 80303.
Requires a Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related.
Requires at least 12 months of experience as a Software Developer in a scientific or research environment using C++, Python and QT4/QT5 and experience with cross-platform development (Mac OS, Windows and Linux).
Mail resume to Pamela Dolbear, Tech-X Corporation, 5621 Arapahoe, Suite A, Boulder, CO 80303.
Tech-X accepts applications only from individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or third parties, please.